• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new trunk boards

esty

Hi Esty,

Those came out nice are you including the right clips on the bottom to snap in?

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

esty:

I just emailed you a couple of photos of the underside of the driver's side trunk board showing the clips and the hole in the board for the bumper shock bolt head. There is also a similiar hole in the passenger side board for the bolt head on that side, as well as the passenger's side needing the five holes for the hold-down screws.

The holes in the board for the bolt heads are in the board only - not in the elephant skin covering. The covering goes right over the holes so they do not show from the top.

Hope these help as far as square-lite cars go. I don't know how different roundie boards are, but, at the least, they would not require the bumper shock bolt head holes.

Bob Napier

bob...i got the pics...i have boards like the ones i pictured above in our 76, 74 & 69 and don't find any need for the holes or clips...i suppose purists may want the details but the boards i offer don't have any holes, sticks or clips on the bottoms

20u8nqe.jpg

thanks for the pictures...

Hi Esty,

Those came out nice are you including the right clips on the bottom to snap in?

Jb

sorry, no hardware...they just lay in...

do you have a picture of the clips and they fit...i've never seen a trunk board with clips

Here it is they are pretty vital as they snap in and not move around as the gas tank side is screwed in.

Note you might want to start making that little strap to help lift up to access the wheel.

JB

post-2371-13667671036464_thumb.jpg

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com