• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii grounding

I've looked through the archives but still have some pretty basic questions about tii grounds. Here goes:

1. Does the main ground from the battery go to the bolt at the bottom of the throttle body bracket? Not the bolt that holds the bracket to the block, but the other bolt? That's the way mine was, and I am wondering if this is correct?

2. Is it sufficient to ground the alternator to the long bolt that the alternator pivots on? I saw a bunch of posts where that seemed to be the consensus? Is there a better location? What is the preferred wire gauge?

3. When I lived in Houston, I used the old style woven ground strap, but noticed they never lasted longer than a year, due to the humid conditions; they would corrode really quickly. Living in an arid climate, I wonder if they would last longer here, and if there is any advantage at all to woven vs. insulated ground cables?

Many thanks!

Andy74tii

FAQ Member #126