• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare Route OZ Fittipaldi - Made In Italy - 14x6 - ET33

cxzsaq

Selling these on eBay for anyone interested. If anyone here wants these 'really badly', let me know and I can end the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300713960878?item=300713960878&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Description:

SET OF USED, AUTHENTIC Route OZ Fittipaldi Wheels.

These are made in Italy.

As you can see from the pics, all 4 are 14x6. These all have an ET33 and a bolt pattern of 4x100.

These were on my 1972 BmW 2002 tii (no spacers)(was told they were "period correct" and looked very nice). They came with the car and I have no history on these. The car was garage kept which would explain the lack of curb rash on the wheels.

As you can also see, these come with tires as well. The amazing thing is that there is quite a lot of tread left (see pics below). The issue with the tires is that they are old and have some surface cracks (from age) (all 4 tires) and a few missing pieces (just 2 tires as you can see in the pic). These can be good beater tires. They hold air well.

Please note that i dont know if the wheels are "true". However, I drove on these on the highway at around 60 mph and did not feel any out of the ordinary vibrations - which leads me to believe that these are pretty straight but i have no way to confirm.

You can see on the wheels that a few have began to show their age and have some fading/patina. No curb rash - very little chips here and there probably from rocks. The few black dots seem to be black paint i could not wash.

For all these pics, I used armorall tire and wheel cleaner and a tire brush so these are as clean as i could have gotten them for the photoshoot. In some lower pics, i splashed some tire shine and the wheels and the rubber really came alive - so i want to make sure you see both sides of the wheels (before/after).

These come with no center caps. What you see in the pics is what you get - minus my awesome shoes (pic 2). :)

Local Pick-Up Only!

Wheels are in 11363 (Queens, NY) and I can meet you around that ZIP - say 15 mile radius - on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday after the auction ends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(below)missing/cracked rubber.

Photobucket

Photobucket

below (tar/black paint dots)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(below)patina

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(below) tons of tread - must have been in the front

Photobucket

(below) ok tread - must have been in the back

Photobucket

(below) tons of tread - must have been in the front

Photobucket

(below) ok tread - back

Photobucket

(below) with tire shine - very nice!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have a set of 15x7 Fittipaldi Ruote OZ's that are similar but a more rounded spoke. One is bent (can't be fixed), so I could be persuaded to sell the center caps which have BMW Roundels. Not sure it they will fit your 14x6 set. Can you post the approximate center cap width?

For those who may be interested in identifying Fittipaldi rims here's a photo of one of my wheels with details. I have never come across another set.

Fred 74tii

post-16466-13667660580933_thumb.jpg

post-16466-13667660583643_thumb.jpg

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

• 8 years later...
  • 5 months later...