• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 2002 Project

Dachdu2002

Hey guys i just bought this 2002 From my uncle, its been at his body shop basicly ever since i can remember. Its a 1975 BMW 2002, with 61K orig miles.

the last time it was registered was in 92" its moved a few times in that 20 years but not under its own power. Fortunately it was under a car cover most of that time until about five years ago when my cousin and i thought it would be a great idea to take it off. And since doing that the sun has dried out the windsheild gasket so the windsheild leaks, but i don't think it has caused any rust issues in that area. it has the standard rust in the bottom of the front fenders, and some on the bottom corner of the driver side door, and some rust bubbles on the driver side rear quarter panel. And there's some surface rust on the edges of the hood and trunk on the inside. Here are some pictures, i'm sure i'm forgetting stuff.290.jpg291.jpg292.jpg293.jpg294.jpg295.jpg296.jpg289.jpg

2004 VW Jetta 1.8T DD

1975 BMW 2002 Project.

unfortunately the rust bug has been, chewed, and

moved on to the next fresh metal meal. Cover or

not the car has been too long in the woods on WET

ground. Every mounting hole for body trim has rot

pouring out. You don't want to look at the inner

wheel wells or the floor.

Can you find out why is was parked so long a go?

That will add to your almost impossible quest 'to

just start it and drive it around some' Most likely it

was due to head failure, or worse. What are your

plans for it? If you do not move it into a dry building

now - then it's just another photo for the

2013 Calender of 02 Ghosts.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

The original owner parked it to have it "refreshed" and he never got around to it so he then decided to sell it years later and someone bought it for a parts car but decided it was too nice. And then my uncle bought it to use as a parts car for a wrecked 71 he had but he didn't want to tear it apart because it was too complete, and there it sat for about 12 years. i just checked yesterday the engine isn't seized. The head looks clean, and the entire engine is in great shape. so i pull the gas tank to have it boiled. As far as i can tell the floors are solid, and the interior is dark blue and in great shape other then the driver side seat and the headliner. I pulled it out of that spot it was parked at. Once the snow melts im gonna crawl under it and check it out really thorough. But for right now i want to get her running, buff out the paint, and her back on the road where she should be. :)

As far as the other comment, its a 61 Impala bubble top car. its a really beautiful car even in the condition its in. I wish i could buy it but its not for sale. And ive always wanted this 2002 Since i was a Kid, i love the peculiar look.

2004 VW Jetta 1.8T DD

1975 BMW 2002 Project.

FORGET THE BIMMER I WANT THE CHEVY.BEL AIR 2 DR

Seriously!

79' 320i (comfy modified daily driver)

73' 2002 (weekend beater crusier/rolling resto)

73' 2002tii (superfast rust bucket undergoing restoration)

72' tii (parts car)  ...99' SV650  ...00' KTM 380 2 stroke ...06' Kawasaki Ninja 500R ...96' F-250 7.3L turbo diesel (towtruck)