• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with seatbelts

sabot67

Hello All!

I have a 1970 European specs 2002 and need some help with the seat belts. I really want to know what right looks like as I am almost 100% sure that what I have now is not right at all. I believe that the previous owner created a seat belt solution for the driver and front passenger that is pretty terrible to use and is probably unsafe. I would like to correct the issue, if I can. Basically, it appears to me that I have seat belts that are installed backwards. I will attach photos so you can see as I am not sure that I can describe it. I would be interested in any photos that others may have of seat belts that are installed properly so I can get an idea of whether or not I will have gaping holes in the side panels of the interior when I install seat belts correctly. Also if anyone has an idea where I can get seat belts for a 1970 2002, I would appreciate your insight.

DSC00307.jpg

This is how the seat belt is connected in the car. I think that this portion is normally attached near the base of the seat at the floor.

[/img]DSC00310.jpg

A close up of how connected

DSC00308.jpg

This seems right[/img]

'70 2002

'72 Harley FLH

'90 Trabant

'08 X5

'98 VW Cabrio

Wow! I thought I have seen it all! Email me and I will make you a nice BMW set, also visit my post at FAQ construction zone " fitting inertia belts to early cars*, for more information. I helped hundreds of early car owners.

p.s. Those are early E21 or 6 series belts (Autoflug brand, nice retractors) they can be redesigned to fit properly. Buckles on the tunnel are too short, but I have extension brackets to make them longer as well.