• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 tii

schnell944

Ryan,

I saw your car this afternoon. This car has a lot of potential and would be a great basis for a full on restoration. It drove nicely, with rock solid brakes, and lots of pep/power. You must have some sort of a sports suspension on it as it cornered without the normal body roll. FWIW, the color is not Fjord. It was originally Fjord, but the new paint is a much deeper metallic blue.

I need to think about what I saw today to figure out if this is the right car for me.

If anyone else is interested in this car, contact me directly for a detailed assessment of condition and restoration work needed.

John

• 2 months later...
Guest Anonymous

when you say unmolested interior, I don't see it. I see a gauge package, non-OG seats, and the steering wheel. I see a dash crack. A 21.5k tii or an 18.5k tii should not have these things.

You may not want to hear that, but that is one person's opinion

The slide throttle assy is worth maybe $4-5k on top of the car, and you basically have a $7500-$9000 tii so asking should be $11k-13kish.

Again, just one opinion but if you really do want to sell you should consider that.

I think your price is pretty close. Good points on the dash, and gauge cluster, but the seats fit and the wheel can be easily changed. I think the gauge cluster would work better under the radio. The rims may detract a bit since they're basic steel, but I say keep your price. These cars are only going up and you've got some rare pieces.

Good luck!

when you say unmolested interior, I don't see it. I see a gauge package, non-OG seats, and the steering wheel. I see a dash crack. A 21.5k tii or an 18.5k tii should not have these things.

The slide throttle assy is worth maybe $4-5k on top of the car, and you basically have a $7500-$9000 tii so asking should be $11k-13kish.

Again, just one opinion but if you really do want to sell you should consider that.

"bus" .... thats a familiar name that gives credibility to your observations

f.w.i.w. the Alpina A4 induction is butterflys (four of them) NOT slide throttle

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

Gauge housing is Alpina or Alpina style, period correct. Wheel is E21 or Turbo, period correct.

A4 injection system is worth a minimum of $6K USD on the open market, sometimes more.

That's a $15K + tii without the A4 so the price is good, and this is a car for all the "WTB tii" folks to look at.

Again, just one man's opinion

70 M2 2.5L 

Gauge housing is Alpina or Alpina style, period correct. Wheel is E21 or Turbo, period correct.

A4 injection system is worth a minimum of $6K USD on the open market, sometimes more.

That's a $15K + tii without the A4 so the price is good, and this is a car for all the "WTB tii" folks to look at.

Again, just one man's opinion

I remember actually finding an A4 setup about 10 years ago and they wanted $3k for it then; so I think you're correct when you say $6k for a setup today. Then there's the pesky realization that they are hard to find and hopefully you can find one that is ready to install and doesn't need refreshing.

Guest Anonymous

"bus" .... thats a familiar name that gives credibility to your observations

f.w.i.w. the Alpina A4 induction is butterflys (four of them) NOT slide throttle

No reason to attack just because you don't like my opinion. I'm not sure what my name has to do with my credibility...you really don't know what my credentials are now do you?

Point taken about the slide throttle vs. butterflys...I was not paying attention to that. But my opinion about price remains.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think he was attacking. He as merely pointing out some facts

(as seen in the photos) that this car has a number of visible items

which he wouldn't find acceptable on a car at this price.

I've seen the car in person and think it's great. I'd buy it if I were

ready to go into a nut and bolt restoration which included a full

drivetrain restoration/upgrade. But, it's no where close to #1, #2 or #3.

Depending on your definition, it just might be as good as a #4 condition car.

• 2 months later...