• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So my son is goin to learn how to drive

BlindRhino

My son youngest son is almost ready to drive and it is time to learn how to drive and he sends me this....as motivation...

"our sponsors are going to shit a chicken if we don;t get that car back on the track"

God I love my boys and this proves they have their priorities straight! hahahahahahahahahaha

Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to all you dads out there!!!!

Russ

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

I was fortunate that one of my fellow Car Control Clinic instructors also teaches at the local driver's ed school. My son got it from all sides when he was learning to drive. Hell, his first lesson was in a parking lot with cones that we own.

Finally got him out to a clinic in his own car a couple of months ago. He at least has an understanding of vehicle dynamics. I keep pushing his friends to have their parents send them to a clinic.

I remember when they were driving go karts and one of his more reckless friends commented that running the cart into the tires hurt a lot more than when he did that on a video game. Yeah kid, there ain't no reset button on a real car.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Love the NO RESET button on a car! We will do Logging roads with not traffic on the weekend first and see how he does. he should be fine, he has great reflexes and reaction time. And hell he can kill it on the xbox racing forza 3.

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

I'd love to see the designers take driving video games to the next step:

Crash your car on the screen and they charge your credit card for the damages, the fines, the increased insurance. How would that be for REAL? Crash your car on the xBox and then you can't play for a month because your car has to be repaired.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I have to admit, I really want to take my Chevy 3/4ton to a car control clinic now and see how much fun sliding that thing around is... But I really need to get my car out :/ Good luck with your boys! I learned to drive a truck first and it made a huge difference. Nothing happens fast in it and it gave me good perspective on how much stopping room I needed.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2