• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ALPINA Grp. 2 Fender Fit Up (May/June 2011)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

It had been quite a while since I had posted up on the progress on my front fenders. Both now have been bonded (epoxy) to the metal skeletons (cut up OE fenders) and I have been working away on the drivers side (albeit very slowly). I am going to guess that I have another 8 hours left to really finish this one off. Alot of work - more than I had figured. Now I need to decide if I am going to make moulds and full full fenders in fiberglass out or if I am going to go with what I have. I am leaning toward going with what I have. Next year will be year ten (10) that I have had this car.......that is a long freaking time to be screwing around with a project.....and truly I am not that patient a person.

http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/2011/07/alpina-2002-grp-fender-fit-up-cont.html

Might be fun to use your finished fenders as a buck, and make flexible-tape patterns. We could then make the final fenders out of aluminum with my english wheel.

Would be a fun future project, shoot me an email if interested.

Ian

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT