• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new guy in Minneapolis / Twin cities area

chichy

First off, I gotta say I'm glad I own an 02 because it's a fantastic car; second, this forum and its members are equally fantastic and make the process just that much easier. I haven't needed to post a question as they seem to have all been answered, and I am hoping to contribute some invaluable tips at some point along the way.

I finally got my second 02 back in October (first was a $500 rusty Verona '73 I had in 1994-95) and I have been slowly getting used to regularly working on a car again, which has been fun. Thankfully the rust on the new one is surface to minimal, but the car has been sitting for at least ten years with minimal exercise (a couple times a year, max) and the sorting has been slowed by an insufficient cash flow. I hope to have it rolling (unimpeded by brakes that need work) by July so I can take advantage of our short season up here and meet some more of the locals...

Speaking of which, I was in line to vote in 2004 at De La Salle in Mpls and had a funny 'holy crap you're a 2002 guy too!' moment with a neighbor, and I missed getting his number after we voted. So if anybody knows this gentleman, he's mid-late 40s by now, let me know. Or if you're reading this, I probably need to borrow some tools and I am still in the neighborhood... my lady said she saw a green 74-76 on East Hennepin about a month ago, so ???

More later, and thanks again forum folks...

Christian

NE Mpls

73 Agave sunroof

http://www.auctionzealot.com/members/chichy70/phonecam2003.jpg

[/img]

Christian,

Welcome!

We have a loose 2002 support group here in the Twin Citi9es - the Minnes02 Group. So far, we have maybe a dozen owners and have met a few times socially over the non-driving period and had a showing at the InterMarque Spring Kick Off 2 weeks ago.

We're getting together for the German Car Show in Shakopee on Sat. 6/11, meeting for breakfast breakfast in Shakopee before arriving at the show en masse.

We'd love to have you join us, with/without your car.

Send me an email using the email button if you'd like to get on our mailing list and other info.

We have guys in St. Paul, Lino Lakes, Wayzata and Mpls.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Hey Christian. Actually there is a pretty recently active group going here in the twin cities. We go loosley by the moniker "Minnes02 Group". About 5-7 guys from all over the metro and beyond. Some of us are planning to go to the German Car show in Shokopee on June 11. Shoot me an email and I'll hook you into the loop. We'd be glad to have you join us.

BTW, Blunt is the man for parts and knowledge.

Mike

Mike

76 Malaga (Molly)

Mods:

Weber

Recaro

Eibach

Bilstein

Panasport

Ansi

Parker

Ireland Eng.

'72 Tii Project

Wow, Jim is faster than me! The date for the show in Shokopee is Saturday the 11th though.

Mike

Mike

76 Malaga (Molly)

Mods:

Weber

Recaro

Eibach

Bilstein

Panasport

Ansi

Parker

Ireland Eng.

'72 Tii Project

I think I can make the June 11th show. If you could email the day's details I'll do my best to make it... I can email a few 2002 owners, for whatever reason aren’t members here on 2002faq, and let them know as well. I missed the May drive because SOMEONE picked the MN spring holiday called fishing opener…

Darryl,

We'd love to see you there. Email my button to get details.

Sorry you missed the show... too bad you had to huddle in the 40° rain in a boat instead of at the show next to the lake in the rain!

Personally, I get my fish at the fish store... it's a sure thing... and I don't pay Filet Mignon prices for crappies (when you figure in the boat, tackle, bait, gas and barley refreshments)!

Looking forward to your email!

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Super duper, thanks guys... I was hoping to have the car up and running before the Benz/German show, but, alas...

I shouldn't have slept in the morning of the Intermarque show or many of you guys would have met me already. Bummed I missed the bulk of that one.

I am hoping Blunt will have some more of my $ soon... he's been quite helpful and sales tax aside, pretty cool to have a super-pro nearby.

I'll probably skip breakfast since I want to bring my dog (is that kosher for car shows?) but look forward to saying hey soon.

best,

Christian

chichy70 at the hotmail