• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible alternative for Speedo Faces, Heater Panels, etc.

02for2

Not wanting to hi-jack a thread, I decided to post this separately.

While reading Clay's thread - Something I've been working on (http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,356705/) I recalled a product I did an article on for a euro vintage magazine I contribute to which would make producing say a Speedo face a breeze.

The product is called Front Panel Express. It is basically a service offering one-off CNC'd panels. The unique thing about it is that Front Panel Express gives you the CAD software to design your own panels. These can be replacement NLA panels, or to give an added accessory, such as an Aux. outlet, Stereo, Radar Detector, iPod connection a professional, if not Factory look.

It's simple to use (after a little familiarization with the CAD software), and you can keep tweaking your design until you get it exactly the way you want.

Once finalized, you simply upload your design file, along with shipping method and payment to Front Panel Express, and 4-5 days later, the finished panel arrives at your door.

A variety of materials, in a variety of thicknesses, fonts and colors are available. The cost of the piece is determined by material and essentially the number of cuts required. A simple panel can be produced pretty inexpensively. A more complex panel is naturally more expensive, but will have a very finished, professional apprearance.

Check it out. It is totally free until you upload a panel design for them to produce.

Cheers!

post-17544-13667641391854_thumb.jpg

post-17544-13667641393005_thumb.png

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet