• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header bolts that loosen up...

What have you guys done to remedie this issue? I've had to go in there that tighten up the nuts cause they loosen up and after a while I can hear the exhaust leak out of there. On an old Mustang I once had I used hardend lock washers which worked at the time, but I have yet to find a correct size. Today I just recieved a new set of nuts and will be putting them on later this evening so would like to see what you may have done.

Thanks...Dave.

USE THE PROPER copper self locking exhaust nuts with flat washers

you can get a bag of nutts from any metric supplier

like this from http://www.jbugs.com/store/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=JBUGS&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=4507-BP&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=bingshopping

Copper_Exhaust_Nut_4507.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

18 10 7 523 805. 8mm copper coated nut, exhaust. this nut is really trick. it is way heftier than the normal exh nut, plus it has a shoulder on it, so you dont need a washer. but the best thing about this nut is that it has an alloy helicoil. they work really well. on my galant turbo, the 4g63t has a problem with the exh studs breaking. the nut backs off, and the vibration will break the stud. i switched to these nuts, and never had a problem since. they come stock on the m62 v8. the extra cost is worth it

Ken Inn