• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a late model filler neck?

tiiCarrera

I thought this was a late model neck? I'm eliminating the obligatory, brain cell killing fuel vapors. Looks like my fuel filler neck was at least a contributing factor with the nice DIY repair job and cracks galore.

I have a '72tii, but I thought the original necks were the long ones. I guess someone changed the tank at some point.

post-19173-13667638197433_thumb.jpg

1972 2002tii #2761642

1969 Mercedes 280SL Pagoda

Anyone know a source of NEW late model filler necks (vs NOS)? The NOS neck I bought from Max last year is already cracking.

Like OP, I, too, am doing a fume elimination project. Bryant

I really doubt Maximillian has kept these on a shelf. They get them from "the usual sources" just like many other suppliers. While "the usual sources" may not always include BMW NA, recently-ordered parts from BMW may not be any better, newer, or "fresher" Installation of one of these with zero tension (perfect alignment) is the best insurance from stress cracks, but nothing can make up for a cheap sludge-composite black material part made in some third world nation (which I'd bet is where ALL suppliers get these now, including BMW)

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!