• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 - 2002 Automatic - Downtown Los Angeles

stultis

This is not my car.

I saw it while driving to work the other day. It is located under the 60/10 freeway interchange.

It is located in Downtown Los Angeles on the corner of Olympic and Wilson.

Guy is looking for $1200. And is willing to sell. I would try to buy it but i don'd have anywhere to park it.

I checked out the interior, looks pretty clean. The exterior is straight,but it has a door ding on the passenger door. Car has been repainted some metallic blue.

P.S. - DONT GO AT NIGHT.

oh and it might help if you spoke spanish.

Guest Anonymous

I just bought this car, after seeing this post.

I paid $1,000 for the car which has a salvage title and paid $500 in back registration (which was unexpected).

The dent in the passenger door came out on its own when i closed the door for the first time.

The car sat for 2 years and has the dust to prove it. It was out of the rain and has no visible rust, the floor pans look perfect as does the frame.

With a fresh battery and a bit of gas poured in to the carb it started up and drove out of the hole it was in.

I look forward to washing it tomorrow to see what i really have.

This is my first 02 i've been researching them for the last month and am very excited about restoring one. Please review the photos and let me know if i over paid or got a good deal.

Thanks, I look forward to using this site for many many repairs.

Jerod

See photos here: http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww152/JerodHelt/1972%20BMW%202002/

Looks like it has a rear bumper typical of a 1973. (It also shows evidence of rear body repair, so it *might* be a '72.)

What's the VIN?

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

kinda funny i bought mine off of Figuroa & 3rd and it had bin stored in a parking structure for 3 years i paid $2900 zero rust on the body and loads of upgrades to the powertrain the seller was a iranian national who could barley speak a lick of english. the only downside it was a 1976 2002 the worst year ever. anyway its amazing how many better deals there are outside Orange County.

kinda funny i bought mine off of Figuroa & 3rd and it had bin stored in a parking structure for 3 years i paid $2900 zero rust on the body and loads of upgrades to the powertrain the seller was a iranian national who could barley speak a lick of english. the only downside it was a 1976 2002 the worst year ever. anyway its amazing how many better deals there are outside Orange County.

How are you fairing for SMOG? I bought a 76 yesterday not knowing that California stopped the rolling exemption thingie.

Looking To Buy A Roundie Near SoCal

Adolf - 1993 BMW 325i - Daily

Titus - 2010 Cannondale CAAD8 S6 - My Green Contribution

Vittoria - 1999 Ducati 900 SuperSports - When Time Is Of The Essence

The vin is 2-532-386

Mod 71 1972 Jan-72 Dec-72 2-532-127 to 2-533-597

It's a '72 USA-spec automatic.

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

How are you fairing for SMOG? I bought a 76 yesterday not knowing that California stopped the rolling exemption thingie.

$200 is the going rate