• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gold or silver that is the question

Jbird

I got a new Malaga roundie for Xmas, and I was wondering if anyone had a picture of a malaga with gold rb's. I usually am not a huge fan of gold but I think, gold with a polished lip, against that oxblood color might look pretty damned good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched but cannot seem to find a pic and I want to make a decision soon so I can have them delivered by the first week in Jan. Yanking subframes this week so I can put in the urethane, springs, shock, and brake upgrades. I will likely swap the diff and tranny this week too and plan to drive it the first full weekend in Jan. Thanks in advance for any help.

68 2002 #1660013 Lucky # 13
75 2002 M20 swap

Guest Anonymous

This is a matter of personal preference because both look good against Malaga. I have a Malaga car too and also faced this dilemma. I mounted gold 14" BBS RZ's on one side and silver on the other for several months for comparison purposes. Ultimately, I went with silver because the gold was too over-powering and distracted from the rest of the car, IMO. I can send you comparison pics if you send me an e-mail address.

Roger

RBenson685@aol.com

Guest Anonymous

How about a dark silver/ charcoal color as a third option? I would probably vote for this color or even a bronze if it were the right shade to match.

Lorin,

You are right on time. I sent an email to see if I can get the bronze color in the correct size for our cars. I have seen the rb's in bronze and it is hot. If I cannot, I have already decided to go for the metallic grey wheels.

68 2002 #1660013 Lucky # 13
75 2002 M20 swap

Typically, the gold centers look best with dark colored cars- Malaga, Blues, Greens, Black. The lighter colored centers look better on brighter car colors.

But, it is YOUR car. Do what YOU like.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes