• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002 in Suffolk, VA

sublimefan187

Own a classic sports car. This is a 1972 BMW 2002 recently painted in its original Sahara paint. Original motor rebuilt by Sports and Imports. Recent work includes a new head gasket, radiator, fan, hoses and belts done at Atlantic Autoworks. Mostly original interior. Almost complete service history since new. Clean pan and shock towers. Yoko tires mounted on newer BMW rims. Runs great. 5500 cash. For 300 more dollars, you can have a perfect one piece dash I haven't had the time to install. No trades or shipping. Local sale with cash or certified funds from a local bank. Pics upon request.

Guest Anonymous

Please forward additional data and photos of your Sahara '72 02. My wife had a '71 back in the day. Anyway, we're searching.

Thanks,

Julian Bradley

julianbradley@nc.rr.com

Thanks for the interest. The original ad on Craigslist has pics. Other than that though, I don't have too much more amplifying information on the car. I bought the car originally from a board member (John Wallace) who sold me a great car. I didn't have to really do anything to it to get it where it is today. Let me know if you want to swing by and take a look.

Regards,

Christopher

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1963146911.html

Guest Anonymous
Please forward additional data and photos of your Sahara '72 02. My wife had a '71 back in the day. Anyway, we're searching.

Thanks,

Julian Bradley

julianbradley@nc.rr.com

Also, this is what I have with reference to upgrades:

Brakes: Volvo calipers, 320i vented rotors, tii master cylinder

Suspension: Bilstein HD shocks and struts, Eibach springs, fixed front camber plates from Aardvarck Racing, Suspension Techniques Sway bars, urethane bushings

3.91 limited slip

Motor had 9.1 or 9.5 Mahle pistons, Weber 38/38 downdraft carb, pertronix electronic ignition, reground cam from Ireland (probably a 284), tii exhaust manifold

It was also a California car until 2000 when it was shipped to Virginia after which point it was garaged and rarely driven during wet weather. The odometer is accurate (having turned over once). IIRC, it had about 159k miles when I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Still no interest? Any feedback with what I have wrong here? Is the asking price too much? I thought an East Coast car would generate more interest than it has...

-Chris

Still no interest? Any feedback with what I have wrong here? Is the asking price too much? I thought an East Coast car would generate more interest than it has...

-Chris

pictures, pictures, pictures. nobody wants to request pictures or follow a link to craigslist. Post them up here and show detail of the typical rust spots, engine, interior, etc.

This isn't just a regional board, and people are willing to go cross country to buy a car - but not without a lot of detailed pictures to get the conversation rolling.

• 2 weeks later...