• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peanut 2bbl manifold, 02 alt+reg, DGV, Bilsteins, etc

blue7500

Hey everyone, trying to clean up my garage a little bit and I figure the best way to do that is to sell some parts that I won't be using.

IMGP2203.jpg

IMGP2204.jpg

First up is a '72-only 2bbl "peanut" manifold. Useful if you're going to put a Weber 38/38 DGS carb on your car. These are pretty uncommon, and this one's in decent shape. A little bit of corrosion around the bottom hose port but nothing substantial. Would like to get $70 for this; I can sandblast it clean for you but don't expect to have as much wiggle room on the price ;)

This is a pair of brand new idler arm bushings for a "late" subframe, I've had these for a while now and finally got around to trying to install them... Little did I know that they're the wrong part for my '69. I guess they're for mod-'71 cars and later. $40 for the pair. SOLD

[picture forthcoming]

Stock 2002 non-tii Bosch AL89X alternator. I think this is either 35- or 45-amp. Works great, I'm only selling it because I went with the 80A E30 alternator for my megasquirt setup. Was remanufactured at some point... When? I have no idea. Before I bought the car, and that was 4 years ago. $40

[picture forthcoming]

Bosch voltage regulator. Made in Spain so I assume it's not an original part. Never had any problems with it, removed because the 80A alternator I have now is internally regulated. $15. I'll take $5 off immediately if you buy this and the alternator together. SOLD

[picture forthcoming]

Used trunk seal, it's in great shape. It's separated at the joint, but very easy to put back together with a little bit of black weatherstrip adhesive. $20 SOLD

IMGP4454.jpg

Weber 32/36 DGV 2bbl carburetor with choke assembly removed. I removed the choke assembly because a) it was all messed up when I got the carb, B) because the choke butterflies are huge and I figured it'd be nice to remove anything that impedes airflow, and most importantly c) because I live in California and with a couple pumps of the accelerator pedal the car idles fine. :D There's a small hole in the side of the carb where the choke mechanism sat where there's a vacuum leak if not plugged, I had a rubber plug in there for a while that worked fine. RTV would probably work even better. The electric idle jet on the carb works bu it could use a new rubber seal. I've got a K&N filter for it as well that I'll include. Last time the carb was ran was a little less than a year ago, removed in favor of Megasquirt (which has somehow proven to be much less reliable). $75

Pair of Bilstein HD front strut inserts. I don't have a pair of gland nuts available for these... I'm selling them because I went to Rabbit struts and coilovers, they still have plenty of damping force. $50 for the pair SOLD

IMGP4455.jpg

Stock 2002 horn. It's got a chunk missing from the front of the expanded section but works fine. $5

IMGP4456.jpg

Used passenger side door seal. Looks to be in decent shape, nothing's terribly rotten on it and it's still pliable. $30 spoken for

Check back soon, I'll have more pictures and probably some more parts as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some more stuff!

IMG_0582.jpg

Low pressure fuel pump, for carbureted applications. Negative lead has been cut short, so just ground the pump somewhere close. $10

IMG_0583.jpg

Pretty much certain this is a 400mm, "tropical" fan. Molding date from '93 but it doesn't look like it's ever been mounted. $15 SOLD

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

Lower timing cover, I bead blasted this one a while ago. Has a '71 casting date. $20

IMG_0588.jpg

Water distribution neck for a 2002, I think the casting date is '72 but I'm not sure. In any case it has the intake manifold heater barb that's cast into the piece rather than a threaded fitting. $10

IMG_0589.jpg

Hood release latch. In okay shape. $10

IMG_0590.jpg

Stock '02 alternator block bracket. $10

• 3 weeks later...

mMWW0.jpg

Lots of stuff here including:

- UNI Foam air cleaner for 32/36 DGV Weber - element looks pretty dirty

- Dipstick and tube with flange - GONE

- two water necks, both with manifold bib, one cast and one screw-in

- oil filter flange - SPOKEN FOR

- 1bbl carb linkage, from arm outside pedal box to carb, with return spring

- bracket, trans to exhaust clamp at transmission

- bracket, brake booster to inner fender

- alternator adjusting strap

- 2 brackets, block to upper alternator pivot. One is painted black, the other is sand-blasted. The casting numbers look different but the width between the mount is the same so it should be for a stock 2002 alternator

- right motor mount bracket, block to motor mount

- used left motor mount

- left motor mount bracket with used, original style round mount (probably bad)

- brown rear ashtray

- 2 window cranks, missing plastic covers

- late cigarette lighter, no pictogram

- set of 5 small hubcaps, all could use new roundels (which are still available new from your favorite genuine BMW parts source)

- ergonomic handbrake handle, E21 or late '02? Looks to be slightly tweaked to the left

- nice positive battery cable, not sure if this is made by BMW but it was with all my 2002 stuff so ???

- 2 Heyco lug wrenches

Make an offer on the above items and I will probably go for it. I don't need any of it and if I don't get any response in the next couple of weeks, I'm committed to throwing it away. And stuff I've got set prices for (but still feel free to throw an offer out):

- E21 Getrag 245 5-speed shifter platform, some people prefer these over the shortened 2002 one. Designed for the trailing end to be mounted to the trans tunnel - $10

- pair of strut top bearings - $20. The rubber on these looks fantastic, the bearings are a little rough but they felt fine when I had them in my car. Went to IE camber plates so I don't need them

- pair of hood hinges - $15. I have two pairs of these, I don't think I'll be needing them since my car already has a pair.

- three-row cast crank pulley - $10. Has very little wear on the front main seal surface

3ZZxZ.jpg

Factory air injection manifold from a '69 - $20. Includes the summerbox heat shield and I'll throw in part of the air injection plumbing including the valve (but I'll make no guarantees as to its functionality). One of the studs on the down pipe stripped in the manifold so you might want to use a through-bolt and a nut on that one.