• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a step by step on removing ignition lock?

After a year of waiting to find that perfect ignition lock to replace my screwdriver, I found one (thanks john1180). But now, I haven't a clue how to put it in. Any help? I really don't have the money to take it to some import repair shop. Thanks in advance, Vic

I posted several months ago something that may be helpful. It was Michal Potheu's method for R&Ring the ignition cylinder &/or lock. I don't have access to that info at the moment. Maybe you can search & find it. If you can't, I'll try to dig it out & repost in a couple of days.

If you are replacing the entire unit go to Keith Kreegers web site my2002tii there is a complete pictoral there on how to change it. If you are just changing the electronics it is very simple. There is a pin that holds the assembly in, just drill it out and the cylinder for the key and the electronic portion of the ignition will come out for repair or replacement. 2002ad has the electronic portion of the ignition listed seperately. you can tap the hole where the pin was and replace it with a set screw upon reassembly.