• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70's vintage Balupunkt Berlin stalk radio

Cornpanzer

I didn't want to sell this radio, but a new engine for my 911 means I have to dig up some more cash. A buddy told me that this may be more attractive to the BMW enthusiasts...so please forgive my first post being a for-sale ad.

This was the state of the art in car audio circa 1977. The system is made up of an amplifier unit, a dash mounted cassette recorder/player and a "space-age" stalk mounted head unit. It even includes the uber-rare microphone for dictating notes while you storm the alps in your 2002 or CSL.

This unit sold new for $1,100.00 in 1977!

Unit has only been tested to power up. It powers up, lights all work, cassette player functions seem to work (ff/rew, dir change). Tuner selector works. However, I did not have an antenna or a speaker to fully test the output of the radio. I have no reason to believe that there is any problems, but I cannot guarantee this.

Please note that by design, there are no Knobs. The studs you see on the cassette unit are simply for attaching to the dash. All volume and balance controls are done through the stalk unit. Cool eh?

Happy to answer any questions.

Asking $450 plus shipping OBO.

Blau+031270146621.jpg

1970 911 S, 1973 911 T