• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interesting car question...turbocharged

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ok, I was home last weekend and I wasa able to drive the turbo. Here is the problem: The car drives like a champ with an awwesome power band when its warm, but once I've been driving it for a bit and it is warm-warmish hot, then I'll give the pedal a go and it will jump feeling like a misfire, and only when I floor it. I can put a 1/4 - 1/2 throttle into it and it does just fine, but when I punch it, it does its little skip hop thing.

-doug

Guest Anonymous

What are you running for a fuel pump, how much boost and could you describe that problem better? does it go, studder, go? Any odd sounds? pinging? popping?

You recently fill up with gas?

Paul

Guest Anonymous

I'm using a fuel pump that is overkill for the car. My duty cycle meter at no time excedes 75% and my A/F is dead on at WOT. I use 92....excuse me...91 octane fuel with one bottle of booster (good stuff). I run 10 psi boost. The car makes no funny noises besides the fact that it won't open up. It is fine 1/4 throttle to 1/2, but anything past that makes it feel like a misfire, no pops or anything, just as if a cylinder went dead...kinda halting...hmmmm

Guest Anonymous

Doug,

Are you using the knock sensor from the ford efi? If yes then your probably getting your ignition pulled back, more I think about it the more I thinks its ignition related. How are you controlling the ignition, completely ford? You may want to check out a turbo ford forum and ask the same question.

Paul