• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii strut/E12 brake upgrade-done...almost

ceylove

Well, it's been interesting taking my stock '76 2002 into the better braking, suspension arena. Everything was so worn out, neglected, bent or broken when I got the car I thought might as well make it safer and handle a bit better. Took awhile to locate good used tii struts, found um through FAQ but if I did it again, I'd have bought new. The ones I got were painted pretty but had rust inside-enough that the new Bilstein HD's could not go all the way down. Cleaned it out, treated it and they are fine. None of the fine folks I got upgrade tech info from ever mentioned I'd need the Tii hard brake lines going from the flex lines to the E12 calipers. Stock lines are 340mm each, on Tii's one is 330mm the other is one 360mm. Had to order from Maxie-still waiting. If I knew how to search better, I'm sure there's a parts needed list for the conversion somewhere. Thanks to Dave @ Aardvark racing for the great parts and tech help as well as many FAQ'ers. Oh well, here's some pics.

post-16993-13667620847211_thumb.jpg

post-16993-13667620850927_thumb.jpg

post-16993-13667620854594_thumb.jpg

post-16993-13667620858183_thumb.jpg

post-16993-13667620862849_thumb.jpg

Ceylon-squarie

Thanks! The calipers are E12. I had Centrex rebuild and cad plate them. They come back with their pads, not sure what they are. They do a really good job on them, new pistons, seals, bolts, etc.Centrex is in Southern California, a division of Stop-Tech brakes.

Ceylon-squarie