• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

towing a non op 2002 with triple A

Armond

Has NE1 done this before without hassles? do I have to be on site? car is 120 miles away and I prefer not to be there. I have the premier membership with them.TIA

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Guest Anonymous

I'd be there - they try to attach to suspension and steering parts, rather than using the tow hook to get the car onto a flatbed or the thingy the wheels ride on, that has its own wheels. You definitely don't want them to hook onto anything under the car and then lift that end into the air!

I can have someone look and make sure it's towed right. will they pick up the vehicle anyway without the member being present? I called customer service and am getting different answers.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti

I use them all the time. I think they require you being there and as Bill said, they might be more careful if you are watching them hook it up. The last tow I got they sent a wheel lift truck, I asked the guy to use the dolly on the trailing wheels. Even if they didn't require me being there I would still be there to watch how they handle my investment. During the last tow one of the rear windows popped open, I called the guy and asked him to pull over so I could secure the window. The damage was minor but would have been worse if I wasn't following.

hth

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

If it were me, I think I'd request that a flatbed be used. You don't want to tow the thing on the end of a hook, with the rear wheels on the pavement.

-JFT

'68 1602 I wish I still had

No 2002 yet, but looking

2003 E39 sportwagon

1982 Porsche 911SC

If it were me, I think I'd request that a flatbed be used. You don't want to tow the thing on the end of a hook, with the rear wheels on the pavement.

yup..I would want that as well. it's been parked in a while and the tires are flat.

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

Mario Andretti