• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 project car - link

jdholder

It's just surface rust, it'll buff right out! Someone rescue this 02 and bring it back to life. If anyone is looking for a very early 02, here's your project car. Wonder what the VIN is on this car? Someone needs to check this one out and report back....

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

It's just surface rust, it'll buff right out! Someone rescue this 02 and bring it back to life. If anyone is looking for a very early 02, here's your project car. Wonder what the VIN is on this car? Someone needs to check this one out and report back....

G-Man

I am new to this forum and I am interested in this 2002 as a potential project. I will be looking at the car in the next hour or two and deciding whether to dive in. I have never done a full ground up restoration/build. From the few pictures that I have received, floor pans, doors and metal around the windows seals will need to be repaired or replaced. I need to determine whether or not I want to become a welder I guess.

The VIN is 1662516.

Any advice or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated;)

Rob

'91 325iX

'76 2002(sold)

'95 540i 6sp(sold)

Doors are relatively easy to find. Floor pans can be found in the parts section. Various venders have window seals, contact Blunt for these. Don't be afraid to ask any questions if you decide to tackle this project. Early 02's are rare, I hope you can put it back on the road. Just takes some money and time.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner