• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about length of typing in a post

For some strange reason, I cannot type more than the actual "block" in the message body. When I exceed the space, my cursor jumps up several places and I cannot see what I'm typing and I cannot easily edit the post. I see others writing "novels" - how is it possible to type that much.

Has something changed recently??

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I've had the same issue, and assumed it was my computer. It has happened occasionally on other forums as well which seemed to confirm that it was an issue on my end.

You can keep typing, you just have to go back and proofread after... Or type it out in word or notepad or something and then copy/paste.

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

nothing has changed in a while. These are just notmal Forms on HTML. Code like this has been around for ages. Have you upgraded your browser? What do you use? IE, Firefox Safari?

steve k.

Thanks for the response Steve,

I'm using Internet Explorer (standard fare). I notice there are many advanced features that can be selected after clicking on the "properties" tab for IE. I DID recently change laptops from an older Dell to a newer HP/Compac for work. Could the IE settings be slightly different? I'll ask my IT wife this weekend for her assistance.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"