• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed installing dash.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

OK, I managed to get it out. It's been re-skinned and it looks GREAT!, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it back in again. Is there a trick to manouvering the top half so it will slide under the screen gasket (and get the studs to line up nicely)? I need advice and assurance before I resort to pulling the windscreen. Thanks in advance guys.

Guest Anonymous

so that the front of the dash is angled down toward the base of the windshield. Also, a bit of lubrication can help. I suggest using Vinylex (do not use ArmorAll or any other similar product containing raw silicone!).

The other approach is to use a long, flat tool to gently lever up the windshield seal as you push the nose of the dash under the seal. You have to use something wide, flat and none abrasive, like a plastic scraper or paint mixer (the free, wooden thingies they give you at the paint store). The danger is scuffing up the dash, not damaging the seal. The key is to keep even pressure across the dash while incrementally moving it forward under the seal until it is fully in place. You will know when it is far enough forward when the studs on each side line up with the holes in the bottom piece.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga