• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock/non recarro seat rebuild

dibo

A friend of mine mentioned to me that there is a seat rebuild thread somewhere on the forum, but after a few 20-30 minute attempts, I wasn't able to turn anything up... does anyone know of such a DIY? I've been told that the way the ratcheting mechanism engages is somewhat counter-intuitive and I'd like to see some pics and such to help get my head around it before I go ripping everything apart.

Thanks!

75 '02

78 M50 swapped E21

95 E34 touring

69 C10 Fleetside

69 Datsun SRL 311 (2012 project)

"Toil and learn or have deep pockets" - a smart guy

Not quite, but thank you!

To clarify, I'm trying to get the ratcheting mechanism that keeps the back in position to engage (right now it just flops back with any pressure... funny, but not particularly practical). Long story short, there's teeth for the ratchet on both sides (where the back and bottom come together) and a bar that connects the handle that controls the back position (near the right thigh) to these ratcheting mechanisms. I was missing the bar completely, but got the hardware I need from a junk seat. Now I just need to figure out how to get everything to play well together again...

75 '02

78 M50 swapped E21

95 E34 touring

69 C10 Fleetside

69 Datsun SRL 311 (2012 project)

"Toil and learn or have deep pockets" - a smart guy