• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carfax anyone?

ash00

Hey gang,

Does anybody have a carfax membership so I can check one car out? I'd really appreciate it! Email at aashish.dalal@gmail.com

Thanks!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without

FYI, Carfax is far from a definitive source in researching a used car to buy. Reporting to Carfax by service, bodyshops and authorities is totally voluntary and many many do not report. Also, many people will pay cash for collision repair to avoid Carfax.

So, a Carfax report may indicate no issues, but issues can still exist. I personally would never use Carfax because it is next to useless, especially for older cars on the road which pre-date their database.

Better to get the car to a reputable mechanic and have a PPI done - Pre-purchase Inspection. A competant mechanic will charge about $150 for this and perform many checks physically - much more reliable than a paper report. And, you can often negotiate the price of a PPI from the seller.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

I AGREE!!!!

However, Carfax does provide a nice title/ownership history that can be used to double check a seller's "story". It's worth about $25 and no more....

George Thielen

owner/inspector

Mobile Used Car Inspections

www.mobileinspections.com Pre-purchase inspections and appraisals. ...."your greatest resource when buying a used vehicle"