• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sway Bar cap screws?

JasonBird

There is a small cap which holds the sway bar busings and sway bar to the rear trailing arms. It has a lug which locates in the trailing arm and the bushing and bar are held in place by two screws in the top. I believe these to be cap screws. I need to no the size?

Can anybody help as I would like to get the sub rebuilt today.

I will try find a picture!

Jason

Dont know if i got the right picture but thoose are M12x90, about 1/2 inch, 3 1/2 long, what you need for the swaybar is M8x18 or M8x20 might be easier to find

Stefan got it right, the first link above shows the parts catalog page for the REAR suspension, and the four bolts (item #3) are the large diff mounting fasteners.

BMW, in their infinite wisdom, hid the REAR swaybar parts in the diagrams for the FRONT suspension!

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2233&mospid=47141&btnr=31_0441&hg=31&fg=05&hl=16

Even looking at the picture it takes a bit of study to see that it shows both front & rear stabilizers, but you can see item 12 are the rear stab bar bracket screws.

HEX BOLT M8X18 qty 4 07119913627 $0.31