• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need suggestions for my door panels

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I currently have no door or rear panels. I have looked around a little bit and it seems that a full set of good black panels is not going to be that easy to find. If, in the case I cannot find any, has anyone done anything custom on your own? My friend wants to do brushed aluminium panels to match the center consol we are sort of putting together. Anyway, that looks like it is going to be pretty expensive, almost as much as the one set of panels I found for sale. Does anyone have any suggestions for a custom job or a place to look for panels for sale.

Thanks,

Emery

Guest Anonymous

Hey ToddO, if they are fairly sweet after you're done, you should consider making more maybe and selling them. I know I'd be interested (i don't have the tools or expertise to do that sorta work). just a thought.

matt

Guest Anonymous

I'll be cutting brushed aluminum panels for my '68 today. If you have the ability to do the work yourself it is actually pretty cheap. I bought a sheet of aluminum, traced my cardboard templates on to it, and then sheared them out. Today I hope to use and air nibbler to trim them to fit.

A total of six pieces will cover my interior:

Each door

Each rear panel

One piece covering the seat bottom area

One piece covering the hat rack which will then bend and go down to cover the rear seat back.

I plan to post pics when it's all done.

Todd

'68 project

Guest Anonymous

I would think that aluminum door and side panels would be noisy because the normal cardboard and vinyl ones probably insulate a lot of noise and cold.

It would look good in a track car, though.

Guest Anonymous

minimal I think. The most difficult piece will be the one covering the hat rack and seat back (with three bends). My dad does all the sales for a machine shop so I have the means to get it done right.

We'll see.

Todd

'68 project

Guest Anonymous

panels for my '76. Once I get them I'll have a set of black door panels available for free if you're interested. You would only need to pay shipping. The downside is that I'm in Puerto Rico and I don't have the rear black panels. The panels minor torns on the bottom. The rear cardboard should be replaced with perhaps another type of material. If you're still interested, I can take some pictures and email them to you.

Just let me know.

Victor

'74 '02A

'76 '02