• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpina Style Flares

GreenBeam

Anyone running Alpina Bubble flares on their 02? I'm thinking about purchasing them and would like to see them bolted on to the car from different angles. Pictures are much appreciated. Thanks!

-Grant

do a search......project page has many threads as well.....

Anyone running Alpina Bubble flares on their 02? I'm thinking about purchasing them and would like to see them bolted on to the car from different angles. Pictures are much appreciated. Thanks!

-Grant

do a search......project page has many threads as well.....

Lee keeps all the photos he finds. Look for his posts.

By the way, the Bubble aka Pig Cheek flares aren't the best bolt on style. They are typically welded (if metal) or bolted/bondo'd/smoothed on if composite. If metal (by http://sports-car-restoration.com/gallery/ :o) the fronts are made using a stock fender as a frame and the top part of the rolled cheeks. The rest of the front cheek is rolled metal welded and smoothed on top forming one beautiful modified front fender. The rear cheeks are complete one-off rolled metal. SCR does these beautifully.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Im going to show you some pics of several styles.......hth...JRK......

the rears usually/can vary in terms of ht of arch...

But bolt on......I dont think so.....altho I have heard the frts from Cahsel fit great.....

And like stated...SCR in CT rocks them in all metal...hubba hubba....

IE sells this style frt...

02613copy.jpg

old school...w/ the IE style frts..

get_thumbsphp.jpg

Alpina(they made both frt styles I think...) ..these differ from the orange frt style...

mob3-1.jpg

Korman offering being grafted on....

final-prep.jpg

see the" step" in the frt fender of the korman and like the green car...

flares.jpg

another w/ the step frt style...laudon_06.jpg

these are from Cahsel in Germany

be7406d861.png

I really like the way the green car turned out. Where can I order those from?

ahhhh...bingo!!!!!..you have good taste...hehehe....

the green car was for sale as a real Alpina... in Europe.......I dont know about the flares on it....but the profile is the same as Korman's...or Cahsel.........Korman is in NC USA and quality is a bit lacking..........Cahsel in Germany...shipping from Germany will be killer..... or get car to Ct USA...and have SCR hand make them.....

tell em Mike B....Michael R. and Joel K. sent ya!!!

it seems like you may prefer the step in the frt fender..look at this thread....

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,324458/

So what do you say about this kit right here I found off Ireland Engineering:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=ireland&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=722942531&Count2=640082955

Any good in ordering that kit and taking it to a local body shop to get it installed?

what do i say?...well the frt fenders are different than the green car.......the frt fenders in the IE kit are like the orange car pic at the car show.....sure you can go to a body shop.....any idea what your budget is?...