• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheesehead M2 74TII

Dave3x72tii

I have a tii I'm considering doing this to. I bought it as a basket case and the fuel injection never has worked right. It will never be a factory correct restored car. The nose panel was replaced and it may be a little off. The rear end is crushed and will need extensive surgery.

I've had the car for 15+ years and haven't been able to enjoy it except for 6 months. The tii's fuel system is already set up to drop another fuel injected engine - like the s14 - into. I'm going to do the $5k worth of bodywork and see what I have energy left to do. But, it's taking up space and letting it sit will only make it harder to bring back. One last thing - if I sell it and buy another, I would likely lose because this car has been stored inside for most of unused life since the mid eighties.

To top it off, all my car money would either go to restoring a tii or building something that would be even more fun to drive. In reading Roy Wicklund's writeup in the Roundel, it seems like it may be the obvious solution?

BTW - the original "Buy it Now" was $12K on that auction - that first bidder should have bought it if they wanted it. With less than 16 hrs. left, it's within $150 of the original "BIN". I seriously thought about it for that price.