• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want this BAD!!!!! (OT)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This car actually belongs to the Father of former flame of mine. She was hotter than the car (No BS)!!! We're still great buddies (God I am stupid sometimes!!!!).

He's been asking $40-45K for it. I was considering buying it two years ago when we were dating. Its a bargain at that price, a damn steal at $25k - but he's not gonna let it go for that. He's only selling it on Ebay now because two recent deals he had fell through; one with Glenn Fry of Eagles fame, the other with Hughie Lewis.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I know he's not dead. But still. He took an otherwise unremarkable British roadster, transplanted a thumping Ford 289, and went Ferrari killing in the '60s, finally driving Enzo out of GT competition in '65 with the Daytona Coupe. (And aided Ford with its conquest of Le Mans with the GT40).

Damn, this car is sweet though! I hear the AC factory in England is now into Lotus V8 Turbo transplants.

Hoa

'72 Golf

Guest Anonymous

Unfortunately kit cars like this one will never be worth it's initial investment...

Get a real 289 or 427 cobra... the 427's someday might actually get back to the $250K status they had in the late 80's.

Or Better yet spend $20K ang get a lotus 7, easily just as much fun and even less practical.... you'll simply want to drive it everywhere! (what's more cool than driving into a parking garage and out again without paying?) Hint a seven is only 36" tall.

WH

68' 2002 supercharged

68' Lotus 7

Guest Anonymous

IMHO the genius of Mr. Shelby is that he managed to do really neat work using a lot of other people's money. There are plenty of rich guys out there who will spend a fortune to build fast cars, put them on the track and beat other rich guys. Mr. Shelby appears to have that kind of passion for motorsports and innovation, yet manages to convince others that he's a worthy target for those development dollars. It's a business, after all.

Mike