• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best source (price) for ST springs and bars

mhoffperson

cris at aftermarket distributing is the best service and fair pricing.

I got my ST swaybars from him.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,profile/mode,viewprofile/u,178/

send him an email.

I would research more about the quality of ST springs. From reading about them i hear they are a little on the soft side. (slump with time)

Please use the search and look into ALL your options before buying.

Cris has a wide range of parts and a good knowledge base, if you choose to go through him he can give you your options.

You asked in another thread how i liked my H&R springs......

I love them. They too can be soft for the hard drivers yet there a good all around lowering spring. Not too low and not too stiff. If you want low, go ireland stage 2.

edit: just read this post of yours

"I'm thinking about 22mm bars in the front, 19 in the rear, Bilstein HD's at the corners and some sort of newer springs with a slight lowering of the car. My concerns are the spring stiffness (I don't want to stiffen the ride up too much or I'll never get my wife to come out for a drive), is my swaybar choice a good one, what works best on a 1976 (isn't my starting ride height higher to start?) and whether to go with a package like Kormans or piece meal it to get the best conbination of set-up and price (I thought that I read that Kormans kit is really a ST set-up)."

After reading this I say go with Hd's, ST, & H&R. Its a perfect match for a nice ride the wife will not complain about. ;)

You can decide if you want to run your spacers or not once you get your parts. They sit above the springs in rear and above struts(under the body) in the front.

Also may want to consider fixed camber plates....

reartuck-1.jpg

I have a set of used ST springs if you're interested, I posted in the FS section, asking $100. They have 30-50k on them. Do your research, but best to try them out on friends' cars to be sure. One person's "too stiff" is another person's "too soft."

Personally, I've always run ST springs in my tii with various bars and shocks, and think they're fine. Ran some driver's schools years ago, too. If I were planning to do more schools or autocrossing, I might try for something stiffer, but most of my driving now is just on the road.

If you're interested, tonyandjulie2002ATgmailDOTcom