• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yellow ignition coil

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a pristine yellow ignition coil that I would like to use as a replacement for my stock black ignition coil. I have no idea who made it (label missing) and wonder what ballast resistor is indicated for this coil.

FWIW, the yellow is virtually the same size as the black coil, but it has no markings at all (other that the + and - indicators). Yes, I have checked the underside as this is where the bosch is typically marked. If it matters, the yellow case has 8 uniform crimps where it surrounds the black tower. If I had to guess, I would think this is an Accel coil, but I have nothing to compare it to .

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, can't find camera. The best I can do is this link. http://www.thepartsbin.com/sitemap/isuzu~ignition_coil~parts.html

I have a yellow coil without any stickers or embossed markings. A friend insists it is a Bosch yellow coil, but I have never heard of this color. Yes: Black, Blue and Red. The terminals are brass and not what appears to be steel in the linked picture. And, where the yellow case surrounds the top of the tower, there are eight small crimps. The pictured coil and the bosch coil are smooth.

[/img]

Guest Anonymous

If it helps, using an ohmmeter, I compared a Bosch Red Coil to the anonymous Yellow coil.

Testing the Yellow Coil produced twice the resistance (plus and minus terminals) and plus/minus terminals to coil output as the Red Coil. Does that indicate using a ballast resistor of .85 for the Yellow Coil since the Red Coil recommended ballast is 1.5 ohms?

Thanks