• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 2002 Heater Core Needed or advice

thedudejb

I have a 1973 2002 that is leaking slightly from the heater core into my passenger side floor plan. SO, I am looking to either replace or repair it. Any advice on this? Is it worth it to try to find another heater core somewhere or is it better to have this one recored?

Thanks,

Justin

post-15520-13667596266104_thumb.jpg

'76 Currently Malaga (Originally Fjord) (Eventually Turkis) - Bought in 2015

'73 Chamonix "kühle whip" - Sold in 2009

'76 Siennabraun - Sold in 2002

Great, I will take it. You are sure it is for a '73? Do you have pics, so I can verify. I am taking the old one off completely tomorrow. Call me and we can work out the details.

Thanks,

Justin

sorry, I don't have a spare heater core for you, I do have a question about your 73 though. When you purchased it did it have a fair amount of rust near or under the headlights and the original seats in it? I think I almost bought it, and went with my 75 instead! Wow it's a small world! That picture of yours looks very familiar

75 2002 Metric Mechanics

01 Z3 3.0i

• 2 weeks later...
sorry, I don't have a spare heater core for you, I do have a question about your 73 though. When you purchased it did it have a fair amount of rust near or under the headlights and the original seats in it? I think I almost bought it, and went with my 75 instead! Wow it's a small world! That picture of yours looks very familiar

I am not sure....it has a touch of rust underneath the drivers side headlight, and it does have the original seats......was the one you looked at missing the windshield locking strip? Let me know if you ever want to get together and compare cars....you can get me at burrow.justin@gmail.com