• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Pistons

wagnerf15

Just got my pistons from IE yesterday....beautiful! Oversized for 90mm bore and 9.5:1, I think they are gonna rock with a 292 cam and my weber 38. Fantastic pieces of machine work...can't wait to use them. It's nice to have an alternative to Maxsil....thanks Jeff.

'74 2002

Ambulatory on 2/4/9!!!

Now the hard shit begins

Guest Anonymous

I am VERY interested in how this new setup works for you. I've already got the 38 Weber and am considering exactly the same pistons and cam that you just got. Please email at RBenson685@aol.com when they are installed and have a few miles on the car, and give me the benefit of your experience. I'm particularly interested in driveability versus enhanced performance. TIA.

Roger

'72 Malaga

I will do it. It'll be a little while, as my block is just now getting worked over and my cam removal tool is in the mail today (looks like the head is the long pole in the tent). Anyway, if you are interested in a LOT of experience/opinion, do a few searches of the forum with keywords like weber 38 or 292 cam and read all the data. I spent the better part of half a day reading everything I could before I made up my mind. Sounds like this setup is VERY driveable (It better be, this baby is gonna be my daily) and with some luck, you can get 125-130hp out of it. We'll see, as I'm gonna dyno the beast before I plug and play. With the 5 speed and 3.91 LSD, I'm looking forward to some illegal driving.......

'74 2002

Ambulatory on 2/4/9!!!

Now the hard shit begins