• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Straight Front Subframe for free or beer in Nor Cal

DavinSF

Tweaked my front subframe a bit, but the budget is already pretty stretched by the rest of the upcoming front end rebuild. Subframe just needs to be straight, I'll be refinishing it and using my own control arms, bushings, etc.

Would love to pick yours up for free or super cheap. Anyone out there wanna free up some garage space? Thanks and cheers!

415-272-6100

showymcshow at gmail dot com

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .

...and the only way to save them was to sacrifice my...

Uh. Yeah. No.

Some close friends had a camping wedding just south of Mt. Shasta last weekend. The 11 mile paved road up to the place was incredible, just crazy twisty 2nd gear stuff.

Even better was the 8 mile dirt road to get to the swimming hole. So I was being a hooligan and trying to do those entire 8 miles sideways and I hung out the tail just a bit too much on one corner. I put the nose of the car a little off the edge of the road and bumped a rock or two.

It was pretty mellow really, and I was hoping I didn't actually mess anything up. The steering was way off right away though, and I had to adjust the tie rods once we were back at camp to make it even come close to straight again.

After looking at the car on the lift at JP's shop on Monday, he noticed I had tweaked the passenger side of the front of the subframe pretty good. I'm not sweatin' it, because a front end rebuild was the next big project anyway.

Why build a car if you can't have fun with it, right?

Let me know if you dig up any good subframes in SacTown Norm. Cheers,

Davin (who was in SF)

London, England

1968 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe

Pressin' on regardless . . .