• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bench bleed MC.. how?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

bench bleeding is incredibly messy. What I did last time was just install the MC, then fill the pressure bleeder. Hook it all up and then pump up the bleeder to about 20psi. When you open the bleeder thing at the rear pass cylinder (good place to start), have someone mess with the brake pedal to dislodge any air bubbles in the MC. Of the one times, ive tried this, it has always worked!! ;p Good luck!!

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

I screwed in a bunch of bleeder nipples in each port & ran a little plastic tubing back up to resevoir & cycled the M/C a few times. I did this for each port. Ialso kept tapping lightly with a 20 LB sledge hammer (just kidding on the weight) Then I plugged each port I installed, very messy & DO NOT get any fluid on paint!. mount m/c, pull 1 plug at a time & screw in line. you will let some air in but that should shoot down the line to each slave. if that does not work, get a new M/C or try a Tii M/C or one from a 528

HTH John L .....Philly PA