• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tough brake problem. need some good minds please.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

transitions.gif

Symptoms: car stops but if you press hard and hold the pedal it will sink to the floor. cannot lock the brakes, even with panic jam. Same symptoms with old master cyl. Could I have two bad ones?

- New rear cylinders, front calipers, clutch slave, master cyl, and stainless lines.

- Bled very well manually and with power bleeder

- Booster holds vacuum

- Tested vacuum booster line and check valve

- Good seal between master cyl and booster

Guest Anonymous

but before doing that,I would re-pressure bleed again. This time lightly tapping the M/C with a hammer. Just a thought...

Guest Anonymous

Hi,

if your brake system is not leaking fluid and there

is NO fluid loss, then the master cylinder is not

working properly. the symptom that you reference

is the exact same as a faulty master cylinder.

good luck

stone

stone racing co

Guest Anonymous

take her out; put it on a "bench" fill the resivoir up with fluid and get all the air out -- much like you said.

I had this same problem with my car after doing the big brakes. I didn't bleed the master. What happened was that it eventually bled itself as I had two rear wheel cylinders that were bad and leaking, somehow, they allowed the master to bleed over a few days, but I would bench bleed the second time around for sure.

Guest Anonymous

IF THE REAR BRAKES ARE OUT OF ADJUSTMENT , THE SHOES WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL FAR TO MEET THE DRUMS . THIS CAN

TAKE A LOT OF FLUID AND NO REAL BRAKING WILL OCCUR

UNTIL THEY DO . THE PROBLEM MAY BE THAT SIMPLE .

Guest Anonymous

I screwed in a bunch of bleeder nipples in each port & ran a little plastic tubing back up to resevoir & cycled the M/C a few times. I did this for each port. Ialso kept tapping lightly with a 20 LB sledge hammer (just kidding on the weight) Then I plugged each port I installed, very messy & DO NOT get any fluid on paint!. mount m/c, pull 1 plug at a time & screw in line. you will let some air in but that should shoot down the line to each slave. if that does not work, get a new M/C or try a Tii M/C or one from a 528

HTH John L .....Philly PA

Guest Anonymous

If you can, you have air somewhere in your system (or your rears are out of adjustment as RIMSPOKE suggested).

If you can't you have a leak somewhere. Have you checked that your booster isn't accumulating brake fluid?

Cheers!

John N.

Guest Anonymous

you've got to bench bleed the master cylinder

go to a good auto parts house (Napa or equilivant) and buy a M/C bleeder. It's a sirenge type of device that you fill up w/ b/fluid and pump it in and out of the m/c until there's no air.

then when you bleed the system don't let the m/c get empty.