• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Southern California Auto-X Alert!

jr02518

Sunday, April 13th at the California Speedway.

Event details at www.solo2.com

I will be there after 11:00 and running in the 8th (last) run group.

If you have any questions on setting up your car to run in events like these you are welcome to check out my '02.

David Barrish

Steve,

I will not be at the event up north, but I will attend the southern events.

We run a local class that allows you to avoid the R-compound cost and run with the old school cars.

When I run FSP it will make your car look very quick!

DB

Sorry for the noob questions, but Im really interested in attending. Ive never done anything like this and Im not a SCCA member. Do you guys have any info that I need to know before attending? Do I need to be in a certain class? I will be driving my stock '76 2002. Thanks!!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

• Administrators

don't worry, there are civics and rabbits that are making my car look very slow :)

Locally we have Street Tire classes that allow you to have all modifications needed for a regular SCCA class, but do not allow R compounds. T1 for Stock classes and T2 for Street Prepared and Street Modified.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

David,

We run in the Historic class and your 76 will run in GSX.

I will be happy to show you how to get started and help you thru registration.

The SCCA offers a one day license and the solo2.com web site provides the rest of the details.

My only disclaimer is that I take no responsibiltiy for any financial liability if you get hooked on this.

See you there.

David Barrish

Thanks, David.

I was reading through the Solo 2 web site and am confused about the Points Card. I now I can get a 1 day SCCA membership at the track, but do I need a points card? Also, the only safety equipment I need is a helmet, right? Sorry for the extra questions. Thanks!

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

The points card comes into play if, and I stress if, you want to earn points for the year. Come and give it a try, then make a decision.

If you do not have an air source, pump or bottle, stop and inflate your tires to 40 at both ends. We can lower them when you get thru tech.

The course walk happens during lunch and there are instructors available to help during your runs. They will help.

If you have a new helmet bring it, loaners are available if it is not legal.

DB