• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever fixed a cracked front spoiler?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

some stuff that can mend ABS and other 'plastics'. I can't remember what it's called. Depending on how bad or where the damage is, you could also pop-rivet on an aluminum reinforcing strip behind the spoiler. Even if you end up with a few exposed pop rivets, after painting over the spoiler, you may not even notice them.

There is a glue for ABS sewer pipe. If you could find some ABS sheets somewhere, that might work. I only tried one place for ABS sheets and they didn't have any. There must be some available somewhere.

Gil

72 Tii

Guest Anonymous

It basically melts the plastic back together, then I would assume they add plastic or some kind of filler that is moldable/sandable. F if I know. It'd be easier to get another one.

Guest Anonymous

I've got one, but it has a nice crack right in the center going top to bottom, about 2/3rds up the middle seam. Can this be fixed or am I screwed and forget it

Guest Anonymous

there is some stuff called duramix, even 3m makes a product to fix different plastics, go to a bodyshop supplier they will fix you up with something. The key is the preparation and the finish. Sometimes it is not worth it, due to the cost of the stuff and the learning curve.

Guest Anonymous

I think I saw one at harborfreight for like $30. Came with 5 welding rods of different kinds of plastic. I believe that you can weld the two back together and then sand down the weld carefully and get a seamless finish. Atleast thats what I've heard. I have seen them used but not used one myself. I would think it would work very similar to a hot glue gun.

Kris