• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW So. Calif. gathering January 12, 2008

On January 12th, there will be a gathering of BMW's, both vintage and newer at the Cars & Coffee location in Irvine, CA. It is a weekly Saturday morning gathering of classic and exotic cars at Ford's Pacific design campus. Currently there are over 100 BMW's registered to attend including over 60 classics including turbos, a 1938 328, one of a kinds like the now famoust 3002ttii and several other rare BMWs. The event is from 6:30 until 9:00 then there will be a drive through Orange County to a pre determined spot for lunch.

In case of rain, the following Saturday, Jan. 19th is a backup date.

If you can attend, please contact Tom Rakestraw and let him know to plan a spot for your car.

Contact Tom at: rakearch@ aol.com

Photos of last years gathering: http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Here is some additional information on the events of January 12th.

BMW DAY - Cars & Coffee Car Show Saturday January 12th 2008

On Saturday January 12th BMW will be the featured marquee at the Weekly Cars & Coffee Gathering held at the Ford PAG Headquarters in Irvine.

Special parking for vintage BMW’s has been scheduled for the January 12th Cars and Coffee. The location is at the Ford Motor Company’s PAG center in Irvine Spectrum located at 7905 Gateway Blvd in Irvine.

Vintage BMW’sIf you have a pre 1985 vintage BMW, Neue Klasse, Coupe, 2002, or 6er car and would like to park in the vintage area please contact Tom Rakestraw at (rakearch@aol.com). Plan on arriving by 6:30 a.m. . . After 6:45 a.m . It is simply “first-come-first-parked” in the vintage area. In November of 2006, we had 85 plus vintage cars on display. We hope to have additional pre war and classic BMW’s for this gathering as well as current models.

Marque BMW’s

If you have a post 1985 BMW, we will have additional parking directly adjacent. We would like to group cars by model such as E21, E28, E30, E36 .. and so on. I would like a model/club contact to reserve up to a ten spots for each make. I know The E30 M3 guys are good for at least that number.

Race BMW’s

If you have a factory or privately modified BMW powered race car we will have you park in the aisles within the Vintage & Modern parking areas.

Cars and Coffee is an informal and commercial free gathering of car enthusiasts. All types of sports, import, performance and classic cars are on display. Please respect our hosts request and arrive and depart in a quite manner as Irvine police are frequently in attendance.

An informal drive through the foothills of Orange County will follow the show. We will depart from the Ford PAG lot shortly after 9 a.m. Details of the drive will be available on December 1st. Maps will be provided. We will plan to stop for lunch afterwards.

Photos of last November’s Gathering

http://crystalcovecarshow.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

Photos of Cars & Coffee

http://www.frank4cars.fotki.com/c--c/

Vicinity Map

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2072/424/1600/FORD-PAG_CarsAndCoffee_BackMap.

Please join us on the 12th of January in Irvine.

Tom Rakestraw

Paul Cain

Date 11/15/07

Update:

There will be plenty of parking for all of those that wish to attend. No reservation needed. If you have a worthy example for the Vintage lot please contact me for a reservation so we can assign you a specific spot. Thus far we have 65 confirmed in the Vintage lot and another 65 in the Marque lot. I have 16 2002's reserved and will start a wait list for others if I do not here from more pre war owners.

The purpose of the reservation is to be able to short list a dozen cars from each class (2002, E9, E24, E3 etc) which represent the models, colors and condition.

I have responded to all of those I have a correct email for, so if you have not received confirmation, please try again at rakearch@aol.com of call my cell at 714-865-2833. Please provide Year, Model, Color, Owner nome, Email and cell number.

Hope this answers any questions out there.

Tom Rakestraw

Confirmed to date

12 E9 Coupes, Contact Tom Rakestraw, rakearch@aol.com {wait list}

16 E10 2002's, Contact Tom Rakestraw, rakearch@aol.com {wait list}

12 E24 Big sixers, Contact Curt Horst, fastrak01@aol.com

10 E30 M3's, Contact Rey Alfonso, m0f01sd@yahoo.com

10 E31 8 series, Contact Fern, fernm33@aol.com

10 E52 Z'8 Contact Carlos Cardenas, card@mwrci.com

11 Race cars including M1 pro car & 3.5 CSL Bat, Contact Tom Rakestraw,

4 3 series Contact John Siemak, siemak@earthlink.net

4 5 series Contact Ron Perry, rpwincap@hotmail.com

Still looking for a few Z3's Z4's and later model M3's M5's & M6's

Contact Tom Rakestraw, rakearch@aol.com

Tom Rakestraw

75 2002 A

73 3.0 csl

98 323 is

04 3.0 X5

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!