• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autocross Tire Pressure question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

steveos_car_tiny.jpg

Try at normal tire pressure.

find some white shoe polish and mark the edges of the tires. At the spot that footprint ends and sidewall starts. And look at them after the first run. if the tire is not used to the edge, decrease the pressure, if it uses past the edge increase the pressure.

all 4 tires should be wearing about the same.

Scrapes on the sides of the front right tire after plowing through a left turn would not count as a good measurement. :)

this is all initial tuning. Then you adjust your pressure depending on weather you want overstear or understear :) But that is next step.

BTW i have 36 to 37 psi on my Yokes Interm.

steve

Guest Anonymous

Autocross in san diego this sat. Last time I had stock sway bars and 320 seats. This weekend, recaro's and Ireland Bars!!! This is going to be fun.

What tire pressure do you guys recommend for front and rear?

Guest Anonymous

Last time I think I ran 32 up front and 36 ion the rear. Is it better to run a higher pressure in the rear? Or is it better to have all things equal. I think I'll run them at 34-36 all around on the first set of laps.

Guest Anonymous

I'm not knocking your setup drew. It might be perfect for yoko's. but hoosiers and bfgoodwrench R1s and yokos are different. Just lettin everyone know that setups don't work from tire to tire. Last I heard the bf G-force r1s take upwards of 50psi and my hoosier are happy around 40 cold front and 36 cold rear with a slight push. Thats prob the rear end. I'm installing a new LSD this weekend so it'll change.

Kris