• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M20 WITH SIDEDRAFTS??ANYONE?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ANYONE TRIED A M20 AND PUTTED A SET OF TRIPLE SIDEDRAFTS IN IT?? I´m in process of getting an 2.7 eta engine that I will putt an 325i head and since there is no injection system installed I will go with sidedrafts and a 323i dist. The 325e will get a 325i engine because the ecu is broken and it is costly new as I´m in Portugal and the eta wasn´t sold here so no second hand stuff.

TIA

Dinis

Guest Anonymous

They are plenty in junkyards around here, but I would really like to make a sidedraft setup. A friend of mine bought a 323i e21 and the car came with a set of 3 40Dhla dellortos but the car was robbed and the thieves took the carbs and manifold, so now he has the Solex 4A1 stuffed in the 323i, he says it works well but i didn´t saw it yet.

Guest Anonymous

Yes, I think I could do that but the thing is that the 325e is not mine and the guy who ownes the car doesn´t what to do with it, and I can sell I´m an 325i engine complete for 1000 euro and the eta ecu new is 1250 euro

So I will buy the car and stuff it with a 325i engine for me or I will sell him the 325i engine and get 325e (2.7 liter) for enchange to put in my 02, I get get my hand on a 325i head!

Guest Anonymous

Just got the manifold in the mail today, still waiting for the 3 40 dcoe's but I going to give it a try in my m20-02. I halready have a 292 cam and a forged crank now I just need to decide on a good c/r 9.5-1 or 10-1....Hmmmm....Marty.....

Guest Anonymous

The manifold and carbs are on their way from Germany now. Maybe I'll post some pics... they looked really nice in the ebay auction! Especially for the $500 my buddy bought them for.

Dan Curtis

'73 2002

Guest Anonymous

He called up KSK distributing (Alpina dealer in the US) and they said those things are unobtainium... and wanted to have him send them pics and info off of it. $500 was a huge score... its THREEE carburators, WITH the manifold... decent DCOE's go for at LEAST $300. Hehe... really no comparison here.

Dan Curtis

'73 2002