• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a reason why I can no longer post from my PDA?

Recently (within the last few days) I have noticed that I can no longer post from my Windows Mobile 5.0 device... Was there something that recently changed on the site? I can rarely access a PC to get on the FAQ and have been posting from my PDA for the last few months. It also comes in handy for when I'm in the pick & pull and have a question...

Am I doing something wrong or did you guys do something different???

Thanks for a reply,

Tom

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

are you posting as a guest? I had to add a javascript thing to stop the spammers. Its nothing too fancy but you must have javascript turned on in your browser in order to post as a guest.

Now as for being logged in that *shouldn't* have changed

like do you get an error message or what do you see when you try to post?

PS: just searching around for javascript problems and windows mobile .. Say do you know of a mobile simulator? Back in the day microsoft used to have a virtual webtv for web developers that would let you see what a web TVer would see. If I could simulate a windows mobile device maybe that would help. Or you could send me one ;)

Definitely want to let you post from a junk yard dude!

hmmm..... Well Steve I've tried a few times with no luck...

I'm going to do a few windows updates & see... I just installed a new application on the phone so maybe it has something to do with that. It's a Samsung Blackjack phone and it's worked fine before. I'll keep trying and let you guys know if I can't post in a little bit. If you guys can post from a mobile device and I can't it seems like it would be my phone/PDA... which means I'll probably be SOL.

Thanks though!

E36 

• Administrators

mine is a Cingular 8125 phone. Stock, no changes, as it came from Cingular. It would be nice if any one else can try i from their mobile device. I'll take alook at some settings on the phone to see if there is anything that might be blocking you. Do you log in when you post?

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

mine is a Cingular 8125 phone. Stock, no changes, as it came from Cingular. It would be nice if any one else can try i from their mobile device. I'll take alook at some settings on the phone to see if there is anything that might be blocking you. Do you log in when you post?

steve k.

Used to log in while I post. I get really crappy internet reception when I'm at work so I'll have to try later tonight when I'm out. I've not tried to post as a guest from the phone. I'm doing the Windows Updates now so I'm hoping that will fix the prob.

Thanks!

E36 

• Administrators

just tried posting while logged in and that works too. The only setting i see for the explorer on the WM5 is the Cookie Setting. Make sure that is enabled. We are using them :)

can you tell me what version you have of WM5

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Hey guys,

Still not able to post from the PDA. Could be cookies, could be something else. I don't think that I can change many settings. I'm going to try and clear my cookies, history, temp files, etc. and try again. Perhaps it's something simple like that...

Steve - OS 5.1.342 (Build 15100.3.0.2)

It's my phone because I can post from other's PDA's just fine logged in or as guest and since you guys can as well the only other question is whether or not my phone is setup differently or if it's just the blackjack???

We'll see but it's not the end of the world - just a little closer ;-)

EDIT:

Nope... Tried it. So I can read, reply, quote & type as normal but then when I hit preview or submit it litterally bounces me back into the type text window as if I hit edit rather than just submit. It's so wierd because I can post on r3vlimited.com, used to be able to post fine on here, could never post on e30tech, can post on s14power.com.... So odd....

E36 

Still nothing - Its gotta be my phone. I can no longer post on any other Mambo powered sites either - I think it's got something to do with Java on my phone - don't know what, how or why - but I have a feeling that it's the Java.

E36 

Still nothing - Its gotta be my phone. I can no longer post on any other Mambo powered sites either - I think it's got something to do with Java on my phone - don't know what, how or why - but I have a feeling that it's the Java.

ya something is messed up with your phone -- must be. I entered a message using lynx from a unix console

thats like a very basic text only browser (it has ZERO java/javascript support). I had to take one cookie to get logged in and then I could post. I couldn't post as a guest with it.

THere really isn't any java involved in the non-guest system. Is there any way you can tell your phone browser that bmw2002faq.com is a 'safe site' or tell if its blocking that cookie?

Or maybe reset the thing and reload the software?

Sorry you are having problems -- i think it could be that your phone got messed up around the same time we made those changes. So maybe the two are unrelated.

best of luck bro!

I can log in, log out and view posts - the problem is when I go to post from the PDA I enter a seperate screen to type text. I click done, then when I hit submit it goes directly back to the text box as if I hit the back button rather than the submit button. Really odd.....

I did reload the software so I'm going to call ATT/Cingular/Samsung tomorrow or just leave it as is. Something tells me that the reason why work pays for this thing isn't for me to be posting on the FAQ during my train ride to work :-)

work, work, work.....

E36