• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m20 swap - rad questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

For those of you who have done the m20 swap.. is a 323i rad neccesary? Can a 320 one be used instead (i already have one, thats why I ask). Or better yet, what are the dimensions of a 323i one? I'm trying to save as much $$$ as possible :)

thx

matt

Guest Anonymous

i dont know it off hand, but im sure you can find his email on boardfly. his handle is "danw2002m20" or something like that... sorry i dont remember it any better. :\

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

it turns out that you need more cooling power, you can try the 323 rad later on? One trick I use on superexpert types that I dont want to annoy with constant emails is to save up a half dozen questions or so and then send them en masse within a single email... Just a thought!! (Really I cant imagine Dan getting sick of doing what he does, but who knows!!)

-Rob ;)

Guest Anonymous

still compiling parts, but i just need the smaller stuff now mostly (fuel lines, stuff for m20 like water pump and timing belt.. a whole whack of gaskets, seals, etc).

i just hope i can find that 320i fuel pump i had.. it seems to have disapeared. although a new aftermarket one with AN fittings would be nice ;)

matt

Guest Anonymous

since it doesnt get very hot in canada, it probably isnt very neccesary, but it's easier to find than a 323, and looks kinda cool IMO.

But the 320 should be fine and dandy in your climate.