• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 mechanical specs

Tomslide50

I'm looking for a resource for complete M10 specs such as combustion chamber and piston volume differences between years(including E30 M10's).

What year M10's have flat top pistons? Are there any stock cam specs out there? I'm basicly trying to build a turbo motor using stock parts so I'll be using a 318i head with a 2.0 lower end with flat top pistons and would like to know the exact compression. Any detailed specs resource online for these motors?

As far as I know, the later square tail light 2002's have the flat top pistons, but I could be wrong, however, the square tail lights definitely do, so if that's what you got, you'll be fine there.

If you are looking to use a 318 M10 head, you'll need to drill out the fuel pump in it as 2002's don't have the electric fuel pump, so it needs to go. All other heads you'll need to keep an eye out for will be 121 (stock head), E12, or E21. They'll all fit the flat tops no probs.

This table also helps you out a lot if you aren't sure about things.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/46/32/

Hope this helps you a little bit. I'm doing an engine rebuild in the near future as well, so this is all the stuff I've been gathering to make my choices easier. Good luck!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg