• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door moisture barriers...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a problem with my doors leaking and I have narrowed it down to the lack of a moisture barrier on the doors. Does anyone have experience with using Dynamat or B-Quiet products? What are the other alternatives? Duct tape and plastic does not work in Oregon.

Darrin

'76 bronzit 2002

Guest Anonymous

the problem is more then the plastic. there are window squigies at the top of the door. this keeps out 90-95% of the water. those should be replaced, to help the problem. To much water in the door will rust it out, and the two small drain holes can not illiminate the water that is comming in. Espeacaly if you live in the wetter part of OR. The plastic and tape has always worked for me however you can use spray tack (auto store) and heavy plastic (rolled sheeting grade, home improvemtns store) to copy the original look.

The squegies should be able to be ordered at your local BMW repare shop or places like 2002haus, Maximillian, LaJoia independent and bimmer parts.

good luck

Sam Schultz

Guest Anonymous

I used dynamat when I rebuilt my door panels, it's good stuff. I replaced my panels back board with new stock and covered the entire inner face with dynamat, then foam, then new vinyl skin. (not stock, but oh well)For the backside, I lined it with 4mil plastic, so that I would be able to remove the panel and access my inner door mechanics (keyless entry, glass tracks, gears, etc) without having the moisture barrier in the way. It stays intact with the panel. The road noise reduction by using the dynamat is miraculous! Now the only sounds I hear since I replaced the door panels and all my rubber weather stripping, is the engine (and the stereo). No more insanity inducing whistling at high speeds. Hope this helps...

Guest Anonymous

I've used the bigger of the clear plastic bags that BMW factory parts came in (ex seat belts) and glue them in place with 3M trim adhesive. Just the perfect weight, and kind of a neat way to recycle.