• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Velocity stack for a Weber 38?

rho

Does anyone know if they make a Stubby Stack (velocity stack) for a 38/38?

Thinking of fabricating one if there are none available, I know they make them for Holly's and other Amurican applications.

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i

Some have implied in the past that a spacer between the carb and the manifold serves a three-fold benefit.

1. Thermal isolation (benefit or not?)

2. Vibration dampening

3. Extended intake path, velocity (???)

I'd be skeptical of any benefit since the path of airflow takes a sharp right angle inside the manifold, and the intakes are uneven length. The '02 downdraft intake manifold seems fairly imprecise to worry about some extra millimeters or and inch of "velocity stack."

This is my uninformed, unresearched opinion.

Of course its always fun to tinker and experiment.

'76 2002 (Sold)

2002 Subaru WRX Wagon (at least it's a 2002)

Some have implied in the past that a spacer between the carb and the manifold serves a three-fold benefit.

1. Thermal isolation (benefit or not?)

2. Vibration dampening

3. Extended intake path, velocity (???)

I'd be skeptical of any benefit since the path of airflow takes a sharp right angle inside the manifold, and the intakes are uneven length. The '02 downdraft intake manifold seems fairly imprecise to worry about some extra millimeters or and inch of "velocity stack."

This is my uninformed, unresearched opinion.

Of course its always fun to tinker and experiment.

I think the thermal islolation is true... the part of the velocity stack I am concerned with is at the top of the carb where the air initially enters the carb. The edges are too straight and would benifit from a curved openning similar to all opennings of all v stacks.

71 2002

90 E30 M3

99 E39 528i