• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gas problem on startup on hills

ponyboy

It seems that on a hill the fuel all goes back to the tank ro something. Is there a good way to possible put a valve in the line or a certain fuel fitler maybe that will prevent a good amount of fuel from going back to tohe tank so startup is superb? It would be nice to pump once or twice if at all and startup... especially on hills. I dont have my emergency brake cable hooked up as of yet, so it would be nice to have quick startup on a hill...lol

Thanx, Pony Boy

Lance Jones... my name

1970 BMW 2002 ...my car

www.myspace.com/lancejonesmusic ....my music

It could be that you have a small whole in the fuel line or that the hose clamps that fix it to the fuel pump arent tight. I regularly drive in S.F. with no problem. It might also be time for a new pump.

Oh yeah one other thing your float level in the carb could be just slightly to low not leaving enough fuel in the float for starts on a hill.

Trying to buy back my

75 Sahara

Pertronix, 9.5:1, 294, 40mm Solex, 5 speed, MSD

Guest Anonymous

great leads man. I was curious if I needed to modify or not. sounds like it should work fine if my system is accurate. Thanx, Pony Boy

The large metal fuel filter for a Tii, holds a lot more fuel, so will help with the demand for fuel on startup - whether on hills or not. Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver