• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED FRAME RAILS

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I need 2 left side front frame rails to save 2 wonderful cars. Must be straight and rust free. I need the portion from the middle of the front subframe to the rear end if the front happens to be damaged.

please reply directly to my email address. thank you!

Mario L.

Guest Anonymous

Would love to e-mail you privatly but its not there. I have a short section. what kinda time frame are you in?

Sam Schultz

Mayodan, NC

Guest Anonymous

I also have a damaged left rail near the pedal bucket where I ran over a large rock in Canada late nite. What is the correct replacement procedure? cut out section and weld in good section?

Eric.

Guest Anonymous

to replace. The 74-76 ones take a bit more work though because of the bumper reinforcing and attachment. Frame rail replacement is much easier than replacing rockers for example.

Basically, you just drill out all the spot welds and grind off a few weld beads and they come out quite easily. If it were me, I'd replace the entire frame rail, but you can patch in the rear half (which is the rust prone area). The worst part is removing the covering on the floors. Dry ice works well for this. You may find some rusty floor areas that need replacing while you are in there.

Finding a donor car with good frame rails would be a good way to go. New replacements are rather expensive as I recall. You can check with Maximillian. You may find it easier to locate frame rails from a 74-76. You can always interchange the front parts of the frame rails by drilling out more spot welds and swapping the front part of the rails in you need, or vice versa (early onto late).

Hope this helps.

Gil

72 Tii